Welcome to APESEK – GIRIMPUHWE Site!
The Association for protection of orphan children and other vulnerable children of Kivumu is a non-government organization, created in 2002 with a mission of promoting the well-being of orphan children and other vulnerable children up to the same level of other, self-reliant, children.
Since its creation, APESEK has focused in:
(1) Identification and follow-up of OVC, especially child headed households (CHH) at community level using nkundabana approach (mentorship);
(2) Support the access of OVC to quality basic social services (education, health care, protection and legal assistance);
(3) Community sensitisation on children’s rights, protection of OVC and prevention of HIV, through nkundabana & peer education;
(4) Child participation and involvement in project development and implementation;
(5) Rehabilitation of CHH households;
(6) Economic capacity strengthening, through provision of agricultural safety nets and income generating activities through micro credits;
(7) advocacy for the protection of OVC and children’s rights with local authorities and donors.